stitched around the blocks to make them pop out more.
I used one of the rulers that came with my machine to make the scallop around the border. I eyeballed the space and traced it with a chalk pencil to space it properly. I got the top border done and then when the center was finished I began to work on the bottom border.
|Yikes the mess under my frame!|
While I was quilting around the small ruler I must of looked away or drifted off for a second because all of a sudden I lost control of the ruler and the hopping foot came down on my thumb. I was sure I had a needle through my thumbnail. So without looking I wrapped my hand around my thumb and ran to the bathroom to put it under cold water but no needle. When I went back the needle was gone and I still haven't found it. ( It probably landed in a bag of fabric)
|the back showing the border|
|close up of small twists in the border with pebbles|
That was enough for me that night. I loaded another needle the next day which was hard to insert so I know I bent the casing that the needle goes into. I was sure the timing was going to be off but after a lot of fiddling it began to sew properly and I was able to finish quilting this quilt. I'm still battling the slight bump on the place where the tracks meet so I think I'll have the dealer come and check it out for me and they can check out the machine while there here to see if I damaged anything.
|This was taken 2 days later.|
When I checked my thumb the next day you can see where the needle slid across the skin and across the nail and where the hopping foot landed before I turned it off. Man that hurt and I was so scared I was going to the hospital to have a needle extracted from my thumb.
I'm linking up with TGIFF at Quokkaquilts.
Now I'm getting ready to load my next quilt. Just need to finish the backing. Gotta get back on the horse when you fall off. :)